Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Extra



One of the first posts on this blog was a list of all the players who made it into the 1981 sets that didn't play another game at the major league level after the 1980 season. On that list was Mark "The Bird" Fidrych. He had a card in all three of the base sets out in 1981. I am sure enough has been said about his short career and it is probably better summed up by looking at his wikipedia page then what I could write here.

Why I am posting this is I found this clip online yesterday showing actual highlights from a game he pitched in 1976 against the Yankees. I think this is a cool clip as it shows why the fans were enthusiastic about him, and it shows the 1970s in full display looking at the crowd in old Tiger Stadium - from the fashions and hairstyles to the transistor radios.

No comments:

Post a Comment